Thursday, July 26, 2012

Now What?


I have officially typed out all of our thoughts from our trip! We have been back in the US for about a month now and this month has been full of it's ups and downs.  I find myself continually struggling with what to do next?  After lots of prayer and reading from the bible we have decided we will start saving for our next trip. Derek really wants to go to Africa while I would love to go to Peru again.  For those of you who may not know a ton about me, Peru is one of my passions.  I have been there 5 times and am still as in love with the country now as I was after my first mission trip there!

One of our biggest struggles has been how to keep involved with mission work within our own local area.  I was able to get a bit of my "help" fill when I went back to Illinois last week.  It just so happened to be their VBS week and I was able to help for the last 2 days of it. Crazy how God works, the preschool bible story teller was going to be out of town on Friday and I was going to be in town on Friday to fill her place!  Derek has been doing LOTS of fix-it up projects at my school since we have returned!


In less than a week I return back to school.  I'm also excited about the upcoming faculty retreat on a CRUISE.  4 days on a boat with my fellow co-workers getting refreshed and ready for our new school.  I've started my first official masters degree class and have loved it so far!  More to come later but I'll leave you with a few photos from back in Illinois!






No comments:

Post a Comment