Friday, August 24, 2012

A week of school and some new projects

I have officially made it through one full week of Kindergarten!  All week I have had 22 students. I think it may be somewhat safe to assume that is how many I may have for awhile.  I have some very fun students this year.  The boys far out number the girls this year so lots of our activities involve movement.  We spent our week learning about the letter l. I know more about ladybugs and lions than I care to know about for now.  Did you know there are more than 5,000 different ladybug types?!?!  

Derek has been busy working on 2 new projects.  We found this cart out by the dumpster of our apartment complex. 
With a few coats of new spray paint and a new top it looks great!  He has already put it to good use at his work!

Derek has also been working on making a home made windmill.  He has finished the coils for it so far.  


We had planned to go to the zoo last weekend but we had a LARGE amount of rain last weekend. We have had quiet a bit of rain the last week or so.  There is also some possibility of a hurricane coming our way. It's still a bit to early to know what direction it will go.  They have a few different projection models but it's a bit too early to know.  I hope you all have a great weekend!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment