Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A little Update

Oops!  Somehow I missed the month of January and February of blogging and here we are in March!  February seemed to by very quickly.  We had the beginning of Mardi Gras, Super Bowl,  Mardi Gras week, and family visiting all in one month.  


We went down to the Quarter during Superbowl week.



The weather has started to get warm for a few days but then seems to go right back to cold. This has made for some horrible allergies this year for both of us.  We have recently started trying to eat healthier and drink a fruit/veggie smoothie each morning.  Derek does an excellent job of masking the taste of veggies in my smoothie.  He has also learned how to sneak in veggies like onions and peppers into our meals!  I have to admit that I am a bit jealous that in the first week of doing this he managed to loose 5 lbs and I lost a wimpy 2 lbs!  


Derek and I are both taking online college courses.  Derek is working on a degree in Computer Programming through JJC in Illinois and I am still working on my masters degree in Educational Design and Technology.  We have had to learn how to make time in our after work schedules to spend a little time with each and get all of our work finished each week.  Both of us are currently taking 3 different classes.  I just finished 3 classes on Sunday and began 3 more on Monday.  I have about 3 or 4 more classes before I am finished with my degree!  




No comments:

Post a Comment