Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Summer Update

Wow! It's been quiet awhile since I've updated our blog!  Time sees to just get away when you are working.  Since last time I wrote I accepted an interim teaching position at Cross Lutheran School in Yorkville for the remainder of the 2013-2014 school year teaching junior high.  Cross is also the school I attended as a student. I enjoyed teaching alongside with some of the same teachers who once taught me.  However, Derek and I knew there was a very strong chance I would not be hired back and so I am again on the job hunt for a teaching position.  When I accepted the job we both decided it would be best for me to happy for a few months and figure it out from there.

Currently, I am working two part-time jobs.  I've been picking up hours at my old job working with mentally and handicapped adults and also at a summer school. We are praying that I am able to find a full time teaching job or some other full time job after summer. Please keeps us in your prayers.

Derek is currently still taking classes at JJC.  He finished his spring semester with 6 A's!  He is taking a few general education classes this summer and will wrap up two degrees in December.  I have to chuckle because I've sent out probably 100 different job applications and he has sent in a few and heard from each employer within 24 hours and even been offered a few jobs!

We recently attended his nieces graduation in Wisconsin.  Derek was one proud uncle =)


Derek and I ran a 5k in May that has sparked an interest in working out.  I took an 8 week workout class and can't wait til August for it to start again. Derek has been running and biking several times a week and would like to eventually complete an IronMan or a triathlon.  I told him I couldn't do a triathlon since I'm a horrible swimmer and would probably drown =).  I have been running several times a week and thanks to my parents who bought me a Garmin VivoFit watch I can not track my runs better.  My mom and I have a friendly competition of who can walk the most steps each day.  

Blessings to you all this summer!    

No comments:

Post a Comment